The safety of students at John Sweeney is extremely important to all members of our community. Please see the information below regarding procedures before and after school.
- Parents/Guardians are not permitted on the black top/yard behind the school before or after school. There are designated pick up and drop off areas for students.
- Do not park in the kiss and go area. This is for drop off only before and after school. Please respect the signs indicating staff parking only in the school lot.
- Encourage your child to walk to school ( if age appropriate), with a friend and look for opportunities to car pool with others if it is necessary to drive.
- All pets including dogs are not permitted on school property to ensure the safety of students.
- Students are permitted on the school yard in the morning 15 minutes before the bell which would be 8:35. School staff do not begin supervision of students in the morning until 15 minutes before the bell. Please do not drop off students prior to this time.
- At the end of the school day students are asked to leave school property and proceed directly home. Students are not permitted to remain on school property.
Thank your for your continued support and helping us to keep our students safe.