Dear John Sweeney Families,
Just a quick note to say we are all thinking of all of your families during this difficult time and are hoping all of you are keeping everyone well and safe. A special thank-you to those who are working in essential services right now as you are keeping our community going. Moving forward please know that our teachers will be reaching out to touch base with you shortly.
As directed by the Ministry and the Board we are providing you with a few resources you may find helpful at this point. Please understand that you are not expected to engage in all of the activities provided but rather to use the resources as you see fit for your family and their needs.
A Letter from the Director Education
We hope you are all healthy during this challenging time. Certainly the pandemic we are facing is unprecedented and has produced anxiety for members of our community. Please know that we are thinking of our students and we miss seeing their smiling faces. Let’s all pray there is a resolution to this situation in the near future. Attached is a letter from the Ministry of Education in both English and French.
Be safe and further communications will be coming in the next few days.
Today is World Down Syndrome Day.
Due to recent events the pizza day scheduled for March 31, 2020 will be cancelled.
We are working on refunding those who have already submitted payment.
Thank you for your patience,
John Sweeney Office Team
As a result of the Government of Ontario’s order for all publicly funded schools in Ontario to remain closed from March 14, 2020 to April 5, 2020 (https://news.ontario.ca/opo/en/2020/03/title.html), the Waterloo Catholic District School Board is taking the following actions to further assist in limiting the spread of COVID-19:
- Effective March 14, 2020 to April 5, 2020 all WCDSB schools (including all St. Louis Adult Education campuses) are closed.
- Effective March 16 all Extended Day programs are cancelled. Families registered in WCDSB operated programs will not be charged fees during this time period.
- Effective March 14, 2020 to April 5, 2020 all Community Use of Schools permits are cancelled.
- WCDSB Co-op placements, Dual Credit and SWAC programs are cancelled.
- The March 23, 2020 public meeting of the Board of Trustees is cancelled. Any delegations pertaining to the St. John CES Boundary Review will be received as planned on Monday, April 6 at the regularly-scheduled Board Meeting, and again at a Special Public Board Meeting on Monday, April 20, 2020.
- The March 26, 2020 Blessing & Dedication ceremony for the newly-renovated Waterloo Region Catholic Education Centre is postponed to a later date to be determined.
The safety and well-being of our students and staff is always our top priority, and we will continue working with local Public Health staff to ensure our schools remain clean, safe and welcoming in anticipation of the resumption of school in April. We encourage everyone to remain vigilant regarding hand hygiene and cough / sneeze etiquette and to follow all Public Health guidance and directives.
We ask all WCDSB stakeholders to continue monitoring our special COVID-19 web page for up-to-date information (https://www.wcdsb.ca/covid-19-coronavirus-updates/)
Our prayers continue for all those around the world who have been or will be affected by COVID-19.