Thursday, November 28, 2019
6:30 – 8:30 PM
St. Mary’s High School
1500 Block Line Road
Kitchener, ON N2C 2S2
Are you a girl in grade 5, 6 or 7 that likes to play basketball?
There will be a
Girls Basketball Development Team Tryout
Thursday, November 21 and Friday, November 22, 2019
7:30 AM – 8:30 AM
Students are required to have the “Sport and Recreation” permission form completed on School Cash Online before the tryout dates.
Questions or having trouble with the form…call the office 519-579-5212 x 0 or email Elizabete.Ribeiro@wcdsb.ca
Dear Parents and Students,
As the season of Advent will soon be upon us, our John Sweeney Catholic School community invites all families to participate in our “Angel Tree” program.
The toys contributed from John Sweeney Catholic School were fundamental to the overall success of the project. This year, the Angel Tree drive will commence on Monday, November 18th. The Angel Tree campaign will end on Thursday, December 5th. At that time, members of our parish’s St. Vincent de Paul Society will collect the donations.
Once again this year, angels will be on our school’s Christmas tree in the main foyer. On the reverse side of each angel, a child’s gender and age will be indicated. Students that have the parental permission form on cash online can take an angel home and return it to the school with an unwrapped gift that is appropriate for that age and gender. If there are no angels available on the tree, a student/family may wish to donate a food item instead or feel free to choose your own gender and age. Either donation (toy or food item) will be very much appreciated.
One of the dilemmas the St. Vincent de Paul Society has faced over the last few years is the ability to provide an appropriate gift to our parish’s children that range in the age group of 10 to 15 years. Most gifts are for smaller children. We are asking for everyone’s help this year by please considering an angel for a child in the 10 to 15 age group. If you find that gifts tend to be too expensive for this age group, we recommend a gift card or certificate from any store/theatre are extremely useful. Please write the amount on the card.
If any item requires batteries, we ask you please include them with the gift. We also request no computer electronics as we do not know what the family has in regards to computers and games. Also we prefer no clothes for children as we are not aware of the sizes of the children.
If your child has permission to select an angel, please sign the permission form on cash online. When the gift is brought in to school please return the angel with your unwrapped gift so that the angels can be re-used next year. We hope your family is able to participate in this wonderful and worthwhile cause.
The Staff of John Sweeney Catholic School
Hello Parents & Guardians,
Winter is here! In the event of a school closure or bus cancellations due to inclement weather, here is what will happen with our Lunchbox Orders delivery:
Hopefully, we will not have as many snow days and school closures as we did last winter! (fingers crossed)
In the meantime, stay warm and make your week easier with Lunchbox Orders. Info below on how to order 😊
How to Order:
- Go online at lunchboxorders.com and click “ORDER LUNCH”.
- New to Lunchbox Orders? Click “Create an Account” to register your family’s account.
- Already registered? Please login directly with your current user name (e-mail address) and password.
- Add your child to your account by clicking “add a student” and register your child with their teacher and grade for the current school year. ** Please ensure the correct teacher and grade are selected to prevent errors on delivery days.
- Click “Order Now” (beside your child’s name) to access the school’s ordering calendar.
- Proceed with ordering your child’s lunch by clicking on the blue box for each restaurant featured.
- All orders are submitted on the website and payment is processed on-line by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Debit MasterCard or Visa Debit. Visa and MasterCard prepaid cards are also accepted.
- With every meal purchased, a contribution will be made to the school’s fundraising program.
- Lunchbox Orders is paperless and cashless. Ordering online is fast and easy!
- All menu items featured are compliant with the Ontario Ministry of Education’s Food and Beverage Policy.
- Orders may be placed weekly or in advance, for the full length of the program.
Things to Remember:
- New orders must be placed by Sunday at 12pm (NOON) for the following week.
- Orders will not be accepted after the Sunday deadline.
- Cancellations will be accepted two (2) days prior to delivery.
Questions? Contact the Lunchbox Orders customer service team at 1.877.426.6860 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org